Manufacturing/Material Handling Technician Kirkland, Quebec
WECO Connecteurs Électriques Inc.
18050 Trans-Canada Highway,
Kirkland, QC, H9J 4A1 Canada
Manufacturing/Material Handling Technician
An important part of WECO's most valuable assets has always been its employees. We are always looking for high-performing individuals who have what it takes to join the WECO team.
At the forefront of WECO's custom engineering solutions is a group of talented and entrepreneurial individuals with the knowledge and experience to help our clients achieve and exceed their goals. Together, we work hard to provide world-class service and customized solutions to our clients, while continually strengthening our reputation as a leader in the industry.
If you are a meticulous person with good manual dexterity and you wish to contribute to our company's objectives, and to perform in a work environment constantly seeking excellence, send in your resume today!
Apply now and work for a company seeking excellence in the industry!
Reporting directly to the production supervisor, the manufacturing/material handling may work independently or provide technical support and services in the development of production methods, and the measuring and scheduling of work. In addition, he or she will be able to assist in other areas of production according to daily needs while respecting the health and safety rules in place and the preventive measures related to COVID-19.
- Assemble electrical connectors and prototypes according to engineering data, engineering drawings, technical instructions and knowledge of electronics principles, using hand tools and measuring instruments.
- Test and ensure the build quality of electrical connectors according to engineering testing standards, technical requirements and electronics reference manuals.
- Conduct work measurement or other studies
- Collect and compile operational and experimental data and assist in the development of specifications and reports
- Collect and analyse data and samples in support of quality assurance
- Develop manufacturing and processing procedures on machine controls, work collaboratively with production and inspect processes.
- Develop a course of action for an assembly to assist in the creation of work instructions.
- Assist in other continuous improvement activities to enhance performance and processes
- Other duties as assigned.
- Completion of a one- or two-year college program in engineering technology or in a related discipline or equivalent experience
- High school diploma or attestation
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- English and French would be an asset
Knowledge and skills:
- Good manual dexterity
- Attention to detail
- Analytical, structured and organized mind
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Demonstrate autonomy, be flexible
- Good team spirit and good judgment
- Emotional intelligence and winning attitude
- Group Benefits Program (Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, ADD and LTD coverage)
- A day shift schedule
- 40 hours per week from 7:00 am to 3:30 pm, Monday-Friday or possibility of part time on a schedule of 2 to 3 days/week.
- On-site parking and accessibility by public transit
- Full-time position, but part-time could be considered