Quality Engineer – Kirkland, Quebec
WECO Electrical Connectors Inc.
18050 Trans-Canada Highway
Kirkland, QC, H9J 4A1 Canada
Are you passionate about developing and implementing optimal processes, controls and work methods, improving production tools and equipment, contribute to designing products of the highest quality? Are you an energetic and committed engineer?
If you are this professional engineer, and you have work experience in a manufacturing environment, please submit your resume now to join a company seeking excellence in its field of activity!
Reporting directly to the VP Technology & Innovation, the QE works to improve the organization's Quality, Productivity, and profitability by developing and implementing optimal quality control and production processes. He/she designs and improves manufacturing processes, tools and equipment while ensuring that delivery deadlines are met. He/she will occasionally provide assistance to the R & D department by participating in design and new product introduction efforts.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Quality control
- Leads and participates in the resolution of non-conformities and contributes to the identification and implementation of corrective measures.
- Assists in the administration and maintenance of the relevant ISO 9001 & ISO 14001 related Quality Assurance
- Conducts quality audits internally on WECO manufacturing processes and local sub-contractors (assures that work done outside of WECO complies to quality standards).
- Oversees Quality Control processes in Production
- Supervises and provides guidance to two (2) Quality inspectors responsible for ensuring quality of components received at incoming (suppliers & sub-contractors), and for finished goods shipped out to customers.
- Manage NMRs (non-Conformance Materials report) and Corrective Action Request processes
- Plan and execute manufacturing line audits with QC team and manage corrective/improvement actions when required.
- Continuous improvement
- Acts as a continuous improvement agent to develop a "Lean" culture in the organization.
- Leads, coordinates and implements continuous improvement projects in the manufacturing sector.
- Plan and organize work groups to implement improvement initiatives, reduce costs and optimize productivity.
- Carries out studies to determine the workload of personnel, improve processes to optimize equipment and reorganize tasks to maximize the performance of the production group.
- Compiles data and extracts reports to analyze and correct deficiencies and make recommendations to achieve planned objectives.
- Analyze and review manufacturing costs
- Identifies repeat problems in production, when necessary, and solves with use of structured problem-solving methodology with multi-disciplinary team as required.
- Design and manufacturing
- Participates in the development, design, purchase and maintenance of production and warehouse equipment.
- Continually reviews existing machines and processes to improve, update and reduce costs.
- Monitor performance of key manufacturing machines (OEE) and take improvement actions as necessary.
- Participates in the development of new products in terms of production tools
- Ensure that the production has the necessary tools as well as keep the spare parts list for all production equipment up to date.
- Prepares purchase requisitions for tools and production equipment
- Maintains quality and technical documentation.
- Participates actively in R&D in a support role
- Evaluate effectiveness of measurement tools and methods and take improvement actions as applicable.
- Manages manufacturing equipment & tools Preventive Maintenance plan.
- Provides support to the Health and Safety Committee in its efforts as required.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering (Mechanical preferred)
- 2 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills (French & English)
- Sound knowledge of metrology, statistics, materials science, mechanical engineering, and cost/benefit analysis.
- Intermediate or advanced knowledge of Ms Office software : ie: Excel (Vlookup, pivot table, data plot/charts, etc
- General knowledge of assembly techniques and plant automation processes
- Knowledge of machine tools and machining processes.
- Experience with ISO 9001 internal system or manufacturing line audit process
- Knowledge of an ERP (e.g. Syteline) and CAD system (e. g. Solidworks) would be an asset.
- Problem-solving skills - ability to find and solve problems, speed of learning and finding solutions to satisfy our customers in a timely manner.
- Continuous Improvement - skilled and motivated to improve existing processes and production systems. Positive attitude.
- Autonomy - able to prioritize tasks, manage and plan activities and resources efficiently.
- Professionalism, diplomacy, reliability - ability to work with colleagues to provide quality support to internal and external clients.
- Organizational skills - the ability to maintain up-to-date, complete and detailed records and the ability to be quick and accurate in retrieving key information.
- Multi-tasking skills - the ability to prioritize tasks and manage a variable workload.
- Analytics - the ability to analyze customer requests versus company results in collaboration with colleagues.
- Effective communication - communicate clearly and precisely at all levels of the organization.
- Interpersonal competence - knowing how to work effectively as being part of the team with the customers and colleagues in order to clearly identify their needs.
- Emotional intelligence - the ability to recognize and manage emotions and the emotions of others individually and in groups. Minimize conflicts and sustain focus when working in team.
Comfortable office with workstation, frequent visits to the production floor. Must comply with safety regulations and procedures on all machinery, equipment and with regards to the working environment in general.
- A work schedule of 40 hours, Monday to Friday
- Insurance: medical, dental, life insurance, long-term disability after 3 months of continuous service.
- An environment with casual but professional clothing, allowing jeans on Fridays.
- Events of the WECO Social Committee.