Supply Chain & Production Director – Kirkland, Quebec
WECO Electrical Connectors Inc.
18050 Trans-Canada Highway,
Kirkland, QC, H9J 4A1 Canada
Supply Chain & Production Director
An important part of WECO’s most valuable assets has always been our employees. We are always looking for high performing individuals who have what it takes to join the WECO team.
At the forefront of WECO’s tailored engineering solutions is a talented group of enterprising individuals equipped with the knowledge and experience to help our clients meet and exceed their objectives. Together we work relentlessly to deliver world class service and customized solutions to our clients, while continually enhancing our reputation as an industry leader.
WECO is currently looking for a talented and seasoned Supply Chain Director to lead our Supply Chain and Production departments.
Apply today and work with a company in pursuit of industry excellence!
Reporting directly to the General Manager, WECO Canada, the Supply Chain & Production Director will be part of a dynamic team whose primary focus will be to manage the supply chain of WECO's Canadian division, with involvement at the global level of the organization. The Supply Chain & Production Director will have extensive hands-on experience with ERP systems and have overall responsibility for providing strategic leadership in all aspects of supply chain management from material supply to order fulfillment, including production planning, logistics and inventory management.
SCOPE OF THE ROLE :
- Champion the upgrade and implementation of a new ERP System (Syteline 10.0)
- Obtain input from key stakeholders to determine long term supply chain while minimizing risk to WECO and maximizing satisfaction of market demand.
- Ensures planning, organization and control of all production and shipping activities to meet customer needs.
- Ensure that supply chain activities support sales forecasting and production planning, as well as meeting delivery dates to our customers.
- Optimize inventory investments and maximize effective cost management through the coordination of internal purchasing and planning of activities.
- Implement supplier partnership programs with an emphasis on long-term relationships to facilitate rationalization of the supplier base, reduction of inventory levels, cycle time reduction, just in time delivery and effective cost management.
- Ensure cross-functional strategic collaboration with sales, quality, production, and customer service departments to ensure team alignment and execute strategic planning initiatives.
- Implementing the best business processes from start to the finish line within the supply chain, both internally and with our suppliers, using Lean Manufacturing, Kaizen and Six Sigma methodology.
- Establish a global manufacturing strategy, including optimization and rationalization, in collaboration with the global supply chain team.
- Support the continuous improvement program by identifying and implementing opportunities for improvement.
- Maintain KPI’s for supply chain.
- Ensure, training, coaching and evaluation of supply chain & production supervisor.
- Ensure efficient internal communication and liaison with the Production, Quality, Engineering, Sales & Marketing and Finance departments.
- Ensure external liaison with other WECO global divisions, local and foreign suppliers, and business partners.
- 5 to 7 years’ experience in a similar position, including managing supply chain and production teams.
- Must have hands-on experience with ERP systems and implementation of a new program.
- Must have experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Must have experience in continuous improvement, process improvement, lean manufacturing, Six Sigma and/or Kaizen events and projects.
- University education, preferably in operations and/or supply chain management.
Knowledge and Skills :
- Extensive experience with ERP systems; production management is a requirement (Symix/Syteline or other).
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of supply chain management, including planning, forecasting, production, procurement, and logistics.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Bilingualism; strong level of English and French, both written and spoken.
- Ability to lead change, build effective work teams and lead by example with a high level of performance.
- Highly adaptable to deal with a constantly changing business environment.
- Ability to predict, be methodical and critically analyze data based on multiple variables.
- Must be flexible to manage, organize and prioritize multiple tasks and variable workloads.
- High level of professionalism, diplomacy, and reliability; ability to work with others to provide quality support to internal and external clients.
- Strong negotiation skills, good judgment, autonomy, team spirit.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; high emotional intelligence and winning attitude.
Other requirement :
- Available for international travel, up to 10% per year
Competitive Compensation Package: WECO offers a competitive compensation package, along with a structured annual Performance Appraisal program that offers the possibility of annual increases tied to the achievement of WECO corporate and individual objectives.
Group Benefits Program: WECO’s group benefits program with the offers Medical, Dental, Life Insurance, ADD and LTD coverage as of the first of the month following 3 months of continuous service.
Career Growth: Working at WECO offers an exceptional opportunity to craft your professional future. As a vital part of our supply chain management team, you can look forward to an environment where your valuable skills are sought after. You’ll be empowered to make decisions as an important contributor to our objectives.
Our dedication to building a winning team begins with matching our employees’ strengths and skills to their individual Personal Development Plan. This program aligns your aspirations for professional growth with a customized career path unique to WECO, including comprehensive training and coaching, as well as the mentorship of our global team.
At WECO, you can expect to grow into your full career potential. If you thrive on challenges and are seeking the satisfaction of making an impact in your workplace, join our team and take your career to the next level with WECO.
High-Performance Corporate Culture: WECO offers an environment where your contributions are valued, appreciated, and highly visible. Our local and global management team is made up of leaders with coaching styles who are truly motivated to help you succeed. We seek innovative opportunities to celebrate and engage our employees. Not only do we work hard, but we have fun doing it!
At WECO, you can look forward to:
- Social Committee activities, including
- Monthly employee birthday celebrations
- International potluck lunches
- Annual WECO Days
- Annual Milestone Service Awards
- WECO’s Hybrid Work Environment
- A business casual dress environment with casual jean Fridays
- Continuous employee feedback through regular connection meetings with Managers
- A high-performance corporate culture that embodies WECO values in practice, not just in theory
- A collaborative, family friendly atmosphere with rewarding challenges.
On-Boarding Program: WECO offers a comprehensive new employee on-boarding program to ensure your successful integration. Our employee on-boarding process covers cross-functional departmental training, allowing new employees an exciting opportunity to get exposure to a broad range of business units, and see the big picture view of our organization.
International Experience: As a global company who has been in business for almost 100 years, you can expect a unique international experience that celebrates multi-culturalism and diversity both locally and across our WECO sites in Germany, Mexico, Hong-Kong, China, Tunisia, and Brazil.
At WECO, we strive to uphold the core values that our company was originally built upon in 1921. Our values serve as a compass for our interactions with each other and our clients, and demonstrate our commitment to global leadership in innovation, insight, thought and action. We have chosen to adopt this set of guiding principles, and incorporate them in the way we value people, teams, and our business.
Customer Focus: We value creating long-lasting relationships with our clients through mutually beneficial partnerships. We make it our mission to provide client centric, world-class service.
Exceptional Leadership: We value leadership by example. Through the direction of our visionary executive management team, the combined strengths of our employees are now leveraged across the globe.
Accountability: We promote accountability at all levels. We each do our part in owning the client experience and delivering on our commitments.
Teamwork: We share our wins and successes, working together towards common goals. We foster team building opportunities to create positive morale and collaboration. The synergy behind the united efforts of our employees is what makes WECO an industry leader and a great place to work.
Respect: We treat each other with respect, integrity, and inclusivity. We pride ourselves in handling our interpersonal relationships at work with emotional intelligence.
Communication: We value communication and transparency, encourage open dialogue, and have the courage to have honest crucial conversations.
Empowerment: We empower our employees to become important contributors in our company’s mission and are committed to continuous learning and self-development.
Continuous Improvement: We embrace change. We have the agility to change our course of action when needed. We act with a sense of urgency and are in constant pursuit of discovering new innovative ways to improve our products, people, and operations.